Certification Officer - Milton Keynes / Midlands area
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit an Agriculture Certification Officer to join our team on a 12 month fixed term contract. Supporting our Assurance Portfolio, the Certification Officer will oversee the certification and development of the agricultural assurance schemes and will support the Operations and Certification Team to meet standard owner and internal KPIs through a combination of successful networking and technical support. Working as part of a cross-platform team, you will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to enhance and grow the agriculture assurance business.
The role will suit an industry-experienced candidate with a strong background in Agricultural Certification and Technical support, who is able to provide a consultative approach to our stakeholders across the agricultural sector. Within the main duties of the role, the Certification Officer will be expected to drive improvements in efficiency and service for our clients, using principles of consultancy and analysis. Alongside this you will assist in the management and review of Risk Based Assessments, working as a liaison with Red Tractor throughout the process. An overview of the main duties has been provided below:
· To support in the certification of reports, assessing the suitability of documentary evidence and the approval of reports, ensuring stakeholder and KPI requirements are met;
· To assist in certification by supporting and managing membership certifications outcomes around suspension and withdrawal, where required;
· To audit 2 memberships a week and support with audits where reputational risk is high;
· To provide technical membership support by taking calls and queries that require technical input and utilise technical ability to provide a high level of customer service to support membership retention;
· Provide support, training and assistance to the operations and farm auditor teams;
· Taking ownership of tasks to ensure all KPIs and objectives are met within the required time frame;
· Adhere to company policies and guidelines and maintain a high ethical standard;
· Contribute to training and witnessing new assessors in the assessor field team, promoting and sharing the high level of technical and auditing excellence held;
· Any other duties appropriate to the post holders experience and skillset, and the business needs.
Experience and Skillset Required:
· The ability to network with key players in the agricultural industry is essential to success;
· Experience of working in a team with supervisory or management skills;
· Standard Owner Qualifications (Red Tractor) to “Gold” level is essential;
· Previous experience in auditing and certification is highly desirable;
· Experience of working with databases and data collection devices would be advantageous;
· A college level qualification, or equivalent, in a relevant subject is desirable;
· Extensive experience within the agricultural industry would be highly advantageous.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required;
· Ability to work independently and with the minimum of supervision;
· Strong organization and planning skills;
· Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure;
· High attention to detail;
· Ability to multi-task;
· Enthusiastic with a can do attitude;
· Strong analytical and numerical skills;
· Excellent observational skills;
· Commitment to ongoing professional development;
· Logical approach to planning and organizing.
If you are interested in this role and have the required skills, qualifications and experience, please click on the link via the 'Apply Now' button.