Dayshift Laboratory Technician (30 hours per week) – Hillington, Glasgow
As part of the NMR Group of Companies, we require two Laboratory Technicians located at the Hillington Laboratory, Glasgow (30 hours per week).
The Laboratory Technician will provide the knowledge and skills to assist with the ongoing testing and registration of samples as well as basic maintenance of instruments that are fundamental to the laboratory’s operation. Carrying out your duties you will be required to work a Saturday to Tuesday shift pattern, which includes bank holidays. From time-to-time training and cover may be required during the laboratory’s operational times on the night shift.
As a Laboratory Technician you will:
• To register and analyse samples submitted to the laboratory following published Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Standards.
• To ensure that any instrumentation that is used during analyses is operated to established KPI’s.
• To monitor and apply any amendments made to standard working practices.
• To be responsible for completing laboratory records accurately
• To assist in the maintenance of the supply of consumables and reagents utilised in the laboratory
• To report any sample registration or sample analyses that do not conform to standard procedures
• To ensure the quality of customer communications, both verbal and written are of the highest standard
• To understand and follow all health and safety procedures involved with both the site and individual workstations
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job! The company and its staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products for cows, supporting farmers and the farming industry to make profitable production possible.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry. Our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service to the industry. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting and developing the next generation of farm services staff. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
• Maximise your potential contribution to the business
• Be involved at every level within the business
• Undertake personal and professional development
• Consistently receive a good employee experience
• And without doubt, you’ll be part of a caring, welcoming and friendly team, who have the ability to make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
Starting salary £16,000.43 per annum
Contributory company pension scheme
Share Incentive Plan
Ongoing training and development offered throughout your career with the company
If you would like to apply for this position, please click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 15th October 2021.