Head of Rural and Agriculture
Salary: £60,000 - £100,000 dependant on level of experience (Associate and Director level candidates considered)
Are you an ambitious qualified accountant working in a practice environment, with an interest in the rural sector? Are you looking for a new challenge, and a chance to grow your own department?
If you are, then we have the ideal role for you as the Head of Rural & Agriculture. You can join a talented group of individuals, take charge of your own department, and develop the sector all whilst offering a range of services to our Rural and Agricultural clients.
What is in it for you?
Our clint recognise that their people are essential to deliver on their purpose of 'Helping you Prosper' whether you are a client, a member of the team, or part of their wider community. They want you to be challenged, have fun in the work place, work with like-minded individuals, and deliver great services. In return they give you:
- A great salary
- Flexible-working hours
- Hybrid working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Loads of social events
- Wellbeing programme
- Access to private medical insurance
- Great Team mates
What does the job entail?
You have heard about some of the benefits of joining our client, so let's tell you a bit about what you'll be up to on a daily basis:
- You will be running the department, working with the supervisors and accounts staff to deliver a high quality service to our clients
- You will be responsible for developing the department both in terms of current clients and bringing in new clients
- You will build relationships with the clients and team so that you are the "go-to" person delivering highly professional and compliant accounts as well as tax services, advising clients on areas such as APR, BPR and IHT Planning.
- Your clients will include LLP's as well as Limited companies, and will want advice on sales, CGT issues, ER and incorporation.
- You will be supported by our existing partners, who will support you in delivering specialist tax services to your clients and be there as a sounding board for you.
- You will be developing the team and be a role model.
- You will also be identifying and delivering added value services to the clients to help them prosper.
What about you?
Are you up for a challenge? The department has growth ambitions and needs someone to make them happen - are you ready to join them on this journey?
- You must have a least 3 years' post qualified experience of working in a medium sized practice working with SME's. If you have agricultural or rural experience that would be great, but is not essential - however an interest in this sector is important.
- You'll be ACA or ACCA qualified
- You'll have significant managerial experience
- You'll have determination and drive as well as a flexible in your approach to work
- You'll love developing relationships
- You'll have a pro-active approach to tasks whether they are big or small
- You'll be self-motivated, and an ambitious individual
- You're excited to immerse yourself in our culture and business.
What about the company?
Our client is a top 20 accounting firm. they are able, through the network, to harness global intelligence and to share technical and commercial insight, whilst retaining the ability to act independently and meet the needs of our clients and team. They provide a range of services to both businesses and individuals. Have a number of different specialists who will be able to provide support to you when providing advice to your clients whether they are looking for general accountancy advice, expertise on growing their business or peace of mind that their finances are taken care of.
Their core values and behaviours run through everything they do, and support their purpose of 'Helping you prosper'. They set the tone for the team to work by and are looking for people who value the same things as them: Working together as a team, delivering great services to clients, acting with integrity and loving what we do.