Lecturer in Agriculture
Location of the Job: East Yorkshire
The Company: Our client is a prestigious land based Further Education provider who offer a wide range of subjects, all of which are of the highest standards. As well as College Level (Further Education) and University Level (Higher Education) courses, they also offer apprenticeships and short courses.
The industry: Further Education
The Job Role Details:
As a Lecturer in Agriculture, you will be inspiring students on the agriculture programme with your passion and knowledge of the agricultural sector and act as course manager as necessary.
- Effective delivery of scheduled teaching and tutorials
- Maintain effective management of learning programs
- Provide regular assessment, student progress reporting and marking of examinations
- Record accurately in registers, withdrawals, transfers, and examination results
- Keep up to date with academic/vocational subjects
- Contribute towards Quality Assurance processes
- Take an active role in marketing activities to encourage new students
- Embrace new learning technologies
- Maintain course curriculum quality files
- Establish effective contact with students, employers, external agencies, and parents.
- Adapt teaching style to students individual needs.
The Ideal Lecturer will have:
- A passion for agriculture
- Related industry experience (Arable Farming, Livestock Farming)
- Agricultural production systems knowledge (Arable and/or Crops, Livestock)
- Practical agricultural skills in Arable/livestock farming techniques
- Motivation to work with children & young people
- English and Maths at GCSE level C or a willingness to undertake qualification/s during induction period
- Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards
- Land-based related qualification (Diploma level or above)
Additional Information: This is a permanent, full-time position.
Salary Package: A basic salary of £24,000 - £27,000 per year depending on experience.
Plus Benefits: Uplifted pension scheme, Progression opportunities, Fantastic culture, 35 Days holiday + many more
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to;
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach.