Production Manager **2 posts available - Avonmouth & Tilbury**
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over.
An opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager at both our Tilbury and Avonmouth Milling Production Sites in the UK. The main purpose of these roles are to provide leadership to the site operations team to achieve a safe, efficient flour milling operation to meet the requirements of the business.
• To effectively manage the whole process from wheat intake to the position of flour availability, to the distribution team achieving Right First-Time principles.
• To lead the mill and silo teams to achieve a cost-effective milling operation. Meeting all manufacturing performance standards in terms of output, quality & yield, consistent with corporate and regulatory requirements.
• To ensure effective implementation of all Safety, Health, Environmental and Food safety requirements directly related to the operation.
• To meet the company key performance indicators and motivate drive the site operation to take ownership.
• Provide the effective management and planning of the site operational assets, to ensure the ability to operate in a safe, efficient manner in line with the business needs.
• To manage all operational improvement activities and take responsibility for energy reduction initiatives.
• Actively manage and lead operations projects and initiatives through the various project gateways.
• To effectively control production costs.
• To liaise with other functions to ensure the supply chain operates efficiently.
• Leadership skills with the ability to persuade and influence at all levels.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to work in a team.
• The ability to train / mentor individuals at all levels.
• To deputise for other members of the management team.
• A good level of route cause analysis and problem-solving skills, with a focused approach.
• Very strong knowledge of all Microsoft products including CAD software.
• Ideally educated to HND/degree level in a Production, Manufacturing or Engineering discipline or the ability to operate at this level.
• Experience in food manufacturing, or continuous process industries.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of H&S, process safety and engineering processes.
• Food safety and Quality understanding, with Haccp level 3 or higher.
· Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment with flexible work time models
· Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path
· A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity
· Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company
· An attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits like subsidized health & fitness offers
Learn more about ADM at www.adm.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company. If you feel this job is for you, unlock your potential and apply now online informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation.
If you are interested in this role, please click on the 'apply now' button.