Job Title: Sales Manager
Vacancy Ref: 14835 A
Location of the Job: Home based +UK Travel
Our client has been involved in plant and animal nutrition as well as the Agri-food industry for over 50 years. They employ over 5000 staff all over the world and also leading the way in agricultural research.
They have set themselves apart as a leader in high-efficiency sustainable farming philosophies within the agricultural industry. If you are interested in exceptional career development, fantastic personal reward, and creating significant positive change within our environment and the agricultural industry please continue reading about the unique opportunities within our UK business.
The Job Role Overview:
Due to an exciting combination of continued growth and expansion, we are seeking a Sales Manager who will be responsible for delivering the clients full organic range growth strategy within the UK.
We are looking for a forward-thinking and self-motivated individual with clear passion for the agri-food industry. Someone with an ability to demonstrate new business development and increased business profitability. This will be achieved by building on existing relationships with our distributor / merchant partners and farmers / end users as well as developing new relationships with the aforementioned parties.
To build successful sales within the UK's organic market the Sales Manager will lead the following activities:
- Detailed market analysis by identifying priority and niche markets and offering solutions that are best suited to the UK
- Presenting organic products to our clients and end users ensuring these products are adapted to each operation or farming enterprise
- Developing partnerships with distribution partners who share our target audience and objectives
- Building trust by delivering on promises, increased profitability of our customers through tailored commercial strategies
- To promote and sell large volumes of our unique and premium organic product range, in close liaison with local and national distributors
- To utilise your skills, knowledge, and experience within agriculture and farming to implement unique sales strategies and attract new clients
- Continuously prospect, and build lasting relationships with the agricultural community in your area, and implement sales operations as required
- To build key distribution channels on a local, regional and national level for the business, enhancing its commercial development
- Engaging with companies within the region and establishing needs whilst analysing competitor's activities and assessing opportunities for business development
- Maintain an organised account of sales activity on the CRM to ensure all customers are provided with the best possible service
- To ensure that you're always up to date with industry knowledge (including regulatory requirements) by analysing regional market trends and discovering new opportunities for growth
- Key responsibility for the overall organic range P&L
- Key responsibility to keep and develop our products organic certification with the relevant bodies
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably expected by Country Manager
- Along with a broad knowledge of the UK agricultural industry, you will have or be;
- Degree qualified (ideally agriculture related or other closely related field)
- A strong understanding of plant nutrition, soil biology and crop production
- Proven experience in product management and development
- Several years' work experience within the agricultural industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial success and quantifiable achievements within sales, business development or account management
- Passionate about working with the premium solutions offered (e.g., whole farm approach, working with enhancing natural systems, regenerative farming etc.)
- A full, clean UK Driving License
- FACTS qualified or hold other relevant qualifications/memberships
- A strong existing network within the agricultural industry
£35000 - £42000 + Uncapped Commission
Company Car + Fuel Card + Phone + Laptop + Tablet
How to apply: Please click the apply here button
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.