•Job title - Trainee Account
•Details about the company/location - PEM, Cambridge
•Industry - Accounting
•Hours - Fulltime
•Salary - Competitive
• Team - Accounting & Tax (Agriculture)
Overview of role
Assisting with accounts preparation and tax compliance projects for review by senior staff. Dealing with day to day queries and administration to support the smooth running of the group, and helping to ensure high levels of customer service standards are maintained, and timeframes adhered to.
Studying towards professional accountancy / tax qualification (ACA/CTA).
Nature of work
Varied and general accounting assignments, including associated tax compliance work. Primarily office based and includes the day-to-day administration of the group’s affairs, with some client visits/external work. Your primary focus will be to assist in a specialised portfolio of agricultural clients.
Main responsibilities and duties
1. Completion of accounts preparation for manager review. 2. General bookkeeping assignments. 3. Completion of tax compliance for manager review 4. Appraising managers of progress/problems in any assignment. 5. Dealing with day to day correspondence/queries from clients.
1. Effective time management and prioritisation of work to meet client deadlines, whilst taking ownership and responsibility for allocated workload. 2. Attend and contribute to team meetings. 3. Ensure that the job is completed in accordance with the plan and that completed files are presented with summary of outstanding issues for manager’s attention. 4. Supports the firm’s strategy and future direction.
1. Maintain a professional, competent image to internal/external clients, whether face to face or over the telephone. 2. Be aware of all services that PEM offers and look for opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients, and for potential leads for new clients and highlight these to management. 3. Positively promote PEM and all its services at suitable opportunities and events.
1. Work in a flexible and supportive manner, by undertaking mundane as well as challenging tasks. 2. Work together with others to achieve team goals. 3. Identify problems and work to resolve them, involving senior staff as required.
Degree classification (2.1 minimum).
Strong numerical ability.
Excellent IT and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will :
Must have knowledge of agriculture / farming.
Be able to demonstrate a passion for agriculture and an understanding of the specific issues faced by our client base.
Enjoy developing and maintaining strong and long lasting client relationships, and will go the extra mile to ensure a first class service is delivered to the client.
Be friendly, approachable, with a can-do-attitude and be able to demonstrate a keen determination to succeed both within their academic studies and their professional career.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in applying for this role, please click on the Apply Now button.