Churchfields Farm, Salwarpe, Droitwich, Worcs. WR9 0AH
There will be a competitive package dependent on experience and including a 3 bedroom modern bungalow heated from the on-farm biomass boiler.
This is a family owned farm of 350 acres. The pedigree herd comprises of 130 Holstein Friesian and Dairy Shorthorn dairy cows with followers.
The herd is calving all year round. Cows are housed in the winter and grazed in the summer and are milked twice a day through the 9/18 Fullwood parlour.
Churchfields also has a successful ice cream business and café on the farm. We also sell milk and butter through the café and a milk vending machine. This year we are opening a Maize Maze.
We also host a number of farm visits which provides the opportunity to engage with the public.
To manage the herd and maintain the parlour and dairy in accordance with the Milk and Dairies regulations whilst achieving top class standards in the area of hygiene, fertility, foot care and general husbandry.
- To manage the herd on a day to day basis, informing the owners of any major activities / problems.
- The assist with profitably increasing production.
- The take a lead role in technical information such as nutrition, breeding and genetics and animal health.
- The efficiently maintain herd records such as NMR and the medicine and movement books and registering of calves.
- To achieve successful DIY AI results.
- To plan and meet all necessary Hygiene standards-
- To carry out all practices necessary to achieve a Bactoscan of less than 50 and a Somatic Cell count of less than 200 throughout the year. To ensure there are no antibiotic failures and nil extraneous water.
- To comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- To maintain the parlour and dairy hygiene.
- To develop and manage the team of farm staff.
- Proven track record of managing and improving the productivity of a dairy herd.
- Knowledge of managing pasture and forage.
- Practical knowledge of managing young stock and beef.
- Working knowledge of – DIYAI/record keeping/hygiene requirements/H&S regulations.
- Ability to use NMR lists and attention to detail is essential.
- Staff management experience
- Effective communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- IT literate
Please click on the apply button below to send your CV and covering letter direct to the employer of this position.