SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trials Agronomist to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of data and completion of R&D trials for the Agricultural, Horticultural and Amenity sectors, in line with client requirements in a professional and efficient manner.
The salary on offer will be £21,000 - £25,000 per annum, plus an annual performance bonus of up to 10%. SGS also offers an excellent benefits package including private healthcare, company vehicle, a minimum of 23 days' holiday increasing with service, childcare vouchers and discount schemes, plus a contributory stakeholder pension with a matching contribution of up to 6%.
- Ensure compliance to all industry standards and SGS quality systems to maintain consistency in our services.
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times and follow the correct SGS and client protocols.
- Work with Project and Study manager to generate data and ensure agreed internal and external deadlines are met.
- Suggest improvements to current operations so that the department can maximise profitability and efficiency.
- Mark out field trials at suitable sites on farms in compliance to the relevant standards.
- Correctly prepare, apply and handle chemicals for application, to ensure successful trials and the H&S of employees, clients and the public.
- Gather and accurately record trials data for presentation and reporting to clients to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and secure repeat business.
- To carry out efficient and safe sampling, assessing and harvesting of field trials.
- Work efficiently and accurately on PCs and tablets for recording and processing data.
- Assist the Study/Project Manager with the maintenance and upkeep of field trials to ensure trial objectives are met and all growers are satisfied with the condition of their fields.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in a similar role. Likely they will hold a degree in a relevant agricultural/life science subject and hold a full UK Driving Licence. Applications from other industries may be considered; however individuals must be able to demonstrate key organisational and self motivational skills.
Please click on the apply button below to send your application direct to the employer of this position.