Outlet Service Manager
Reports To: Group Service Manager
Supervises: Technicians, Apprentices, Valetors
Executes customer requests by coordinating and directing the service workload for maximum efficiency and productivity while providing quality repair work. Shares information regarding Technician skills and training needs to the Group Service Manager. Aftermarket sales oriented.
- Greets customers and listens carefully to their needs.
- Plans and allocates work for Technicians based on their expertise and skills.
- Directs and assists Technicians in their tasks to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
- Checks all completed jobs to ensure they are complete and accurate for both parts and labour, and invoices them in a timely manner.
- Ensures that service processes, policies and guidelines are followed and applied safely, and shares KPI’s with the team.
- Responsible for the special tool inventory and recommends the purchase of new tools if necessary.
- Maintains good discipline and organisation for the workshop, ensuring it is clean, tidy and safe, and monitors the workshop team.
- Shares daily discussions with the Group Service Manager to review workshop performance and to address any specific issues.
- Coordinates the training program with the Group Service Manager and ensures that tasks given to Technicians are consistent with their expertise.
- Manages ongoing relationships with John Deere and manufacturer personnel.
- Supervises and coaches the workshop team.
- Participates in recruiting, hiring and developing and retaining key talent.
- Acts in a professional manner and actively promotes Ripon Farm Services and John Deere with positivity and integrity and communicates effectively with all parties to drive the business forward
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Service Technician
- Ability to lead others
- High level of communication and human relations
- Ability to use standard computer applications and internet functions
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
Please click on the apply button below to send your application direct to the employer of this position.