Senior Land Use Policy Adviser
This is an exciting time to be at the heart of developing future environmental land use policy. Post Brexit, we will need new policies that will protect and promote all the environmental benefits that farmers and landowner can and should provide. The CLA is looking for a Senior Land Use Policy Adviser to join our policy team in London. The role will involve working with government departments and key stakeholders to develop and promote CLA policies.
Reporting to the Chief Land Use Policy Adviser this role will be a key member of the CLA’s policy and advisory team. This is a varied and intellectually stimulating role requiring someone with both policy and advisory experience, preferably within a membership organisation.
The CLA is the membership organisation which has been safeguarding the interests of landowners, and those with an economic, social and environmental interest in rural land for more than 100 years. Our members own or manage over half the rural land in England and Wales and more than 250 different types of businesses.
The successful candidate, educated to degree level, will demonstrate:
• A breath of knowledge across environmental policy relevant to land use
• A comprehensive knowledge of nature conservation policy
• A thorough understanding of agri-environment scheme design and implementation
• Ability and confidence to communicate at a high level with a wide range of policy advisers and decision makers
• Able to explain sometimes complex issues in an understandable manner tailored to suit different audiences and situations.
• Team player who is also happy to work independently and are able to work to deadlines
• Strong communication skills, both in oral and written communications
• Demonstrate an understanding on the key issues affecting rural land mangers and businesses.
Please click on the apply button below to send your CV direct to the employer of this position.
First interviews are planned to take place week commencing 16 July 2018.