Company: F.D. Statton & Son Ltd (Care of SARIA Ltd)
Applications are invited for a Depot Supervisor to work at our well-established and busy Fallen Stock site based in Cornwall, to ensure the efficient running and maintenance of the site and overall running and compliance of the Transport and Operational functions. This is a full time, permanent position.
As a Depot Supervisor your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
• To primarily manage all the transport operations for Stattons and provide support to the National Fallen Stock Manager in ensuring transport compliance.
• To develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external personnel and customers, representing the site as an industry leader.
• To provide general management of the site’s staff and drivers and be responsible for workplace Health & Safety standards and for the security of the site.
• Taking a practical approach to work and assisting with all tasks on site as required.
• Liaise with all external agencies and Government bodies as required; including HSE, DVSA, DEFRA, APHA and EA.
• To be the onsite Fire Marshall and First Aider.
• Become the O Licence holder for the site.
• To be compliant with Company procedures and statutory obligations for Drivers, H&S and vehicles.
• To complete checks of Licence details and ensure Drivers are kept up to date with all mandatory requirements.
• To carry out the role whilst ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
• Ensuring that high levels of productivity, attendance and customer satisfaction are maintained at all times.
• Experience of working in an agricultural environment.
• Previous experience of staff management.
• Be prepared to take a practical approach.
• Ideally will be a Transport Management CPC holder with knowledge of transport compliance requirement and H&S within the workplace.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
• To be on call out of hours, including remote access to the sites systems.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Please click on thea apply button below to send your CV direct to the employer of this position.
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.
Closing Date – 21st September 2018