Allpress Farms Ltd is the finest grower and packer of leeks in the UK. We are a family owned business in Cambridgeshire farming over 3,600 acres of land, producing leeks, onions, wheat, sugar beet and maize. We are committed to helping the environment including our AD energy plant where we produce in excess of 4 million kWh per annum, enough supply for more than 900 homes.
If you are an ambitious individual, results focused and looking for progression to senior management level within a forward-thinking company, then this might just be the new role for you.
We are looking to recruit a Precision Farming Manager to research and manage cutting edge field & crop Agri-tech solutions.
Reporting to the Farm Operations Manager you will be responsible for: -
• Taking a primary role in innovation, trials and projects to present and justify future developments within the business in order to improve overall crop performance.
• To develop the use of Agricultural Management Solutions (AMS) technology systems to complement the Company’s data base in order to ensure operational efficiency and accuracy of information flow.
• Monitoring and analysing field and crop to include mapping of field and yield, soil sampling, insect activity, irrigation and environmental impact. Maintain computerised records to ensure informed decision making within the management team to improve overall knowledge and performance.
• To assist the Farm Operations Manager with management of regular farm activities,
• Labour planning and control • Crop management from establishment through to growing
• Control of plant, equipment and associated Health and Safety requirements
• Manage waste from the farm to protect the environment & maintain biodiversity.
If you are qualified to degree level with a good working knowledge of farm management data systems, have excellent working ability and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications then we want to from you.
In return we offer a very attractive salary & associated benefits package including farm cottage accommodation with a fantastic opportunity for career advancement.
Please click on the apply button below to send your CV direct to the employer of this position.