Ellacotts LLP are an experienced and skilled provider of accounting, tax and business advice services, helping businesses improve their performance and individuals plan for the future. Our dedicated teams of specialists are knowledgeable and well-informed, approachable and practical.
Purpose of the role:
To manage a portfolio of clients and drive the delivery of accounting and tax planning solutions to these clients.
Building relationships will allow you to effectively deliver projects and grow members of the team.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses so as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Assisting with the management of the Agriculture and Property Department to meet departmental objectives through planning. This includes completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge.
- Completing staff appraisal forms and providing feedback (good and bad!) and training as required.
- Seeking to identify business and tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters.
- Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11d’s, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to review and complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- The ability to review and complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy and strong active listening skills
- Have excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
- Have strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Have pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams
- Essential: ACA or ACCA Qualification - Degree or equivalent experience
- Desirable: CTA or equivalent tax qualification
- Essential: Minimum of 3 years proven Accounts and Tax experience within a Practice environment
- Desirable: Proven experience at manager level within a Practice environment
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
Please click on the apply button below to send your CV and covering letter direct to the employer of this position.