We are currently looking for a strong private client solicitor to join our expanding team in one of the UK’s top 120 law firms. The role will be primarily based in our Lymington office in the New Forest but operation out of our Southampton office would be a possibility for the right candidate. There will also be opportunities to manage and promote business development with energy and focus and you should be prepared to travel in the South Central region in order to service clients.
If you are a Solicitor with 3-8 years PQE and looking for a new challenge we may have an opportunity of interest to you.
Along with solid general Private Client knowledge you would also need to offer the following:
- A good working knowledge of Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, SDLT together with succession planning using Wills and Trusts for high-net-worth individuals.
- An appreciation of areas of property law and co-ownership issues and experience of working closely with the other teams and with accountants and land agents to provide holistic advice to the clients.
- Have an interest and understanding of issues affecting the rural community, including farmers and landed estates.
- A sound knowledge of Business Property Relief and Agricultural Property Relief is preferable.
- A desire to learn and widen your knowledge in this area is essential.
- Qualified Solicitor with preferably 3-8 years PQE
- Ability to process a large or complex caseload effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to handle complex and specialised tax, trust and succession issues working closely with other experts and manage all aspects in an integrated and holistic manner
- Experience of building relationships with both new and existing clients and relevant professional referrers
- Proven financial record
- Commercial & forward-thinking attitude to legal business
- STEP and/or ALA qualification an advantage
- Must have the ability to sustain a very high level of attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent client service
- Ability to develop business
- Be confident liaising with various parties including Clients, Financial Institutions, and Asset holders, HM Revenue and Customs and other Professionals.
- Strong IT skills
There is scope for career progression and to make your mark in the department for the right candidate and full support to help you achieve your objectives.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing your salary expectations direct to the employer of this position, by clicking on the apply button below.