KWS UK Ltd. Are looking to recruit a full-time, permanent employee, based in Thriplow near Cambridge.
In this position you will join our Trials and Farms team working primarily on yield trials and field operations but assisting also in plant breeding operations
essential for the successful development of new varieties.
KWS has been breeding crops for the moderate climatic zone for more than 160 years. The company is now one of the world’s leading seed producers. It has some 4,700 employees and a footprint touching more than 70 countries.
- Working on variety trials of Cereals, Sugar Beet and Oilseeds
- Trials and Farm machinery operation on yield trials, breeding nurseries and multiplication crops
- Plot drilling, monitoring, scoring and harvesting
- Preparation of seed for drilling
- Plot data processing and analysis
- Relevant trials, arable crop and farm experience
- Relevant farm machinery operation experience, some tractor driving skills essential. Sprayer, fertiliser spreading and combine harvester driving an advantage
- PA 1, 2, 6 and 11, counterbalance forklift and tele-handler licences will be essential (willingness to join training if skills are not yet possessed)
- Driving licence essential. HGV and trailer licences beneficial
- Good literacy, numeracy and computer skills are required, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Desire to take on areas of responsibility and progress your career, good team-work, communication and organisation skills as well as flexibility
- Willingness to work extended hours during harvest, drilling and other peak periods and undertake an element of travel
- Trustworthiness, reliability and possessing the initiative to work unsupervised and under your own motivation
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? Then we would like to get to know you and look forward to receiving your application via e-mail - please click on the apply button below to send your CV and covering letter direct to the employer of this position.