FARM & ATTRACTION WORKER
RARE BREEDS CENTRE
HIGHLANDS FARM, WOODCHURCH, KENT
Contract: Permanent; Full-time - 37.5 hours per week
(worked over 5 days, including alternate weekends)
Salary: £14,625 + weekend allowances
The South of England Rare Breeds Centre is a busy tourist attraction with more than 110,000 visitors a year. The Farm is a great day out to see traditional rare breed animals, play in the parks and ride on the Tractor all of which help to support the work of the Canterbury Oast Trust, a leading local charity providing high quality care and support for adults with learning disabilities across Kent and East Sussex. It also provides valuable training opportunities for the adults with learning disabilities enabling them to develop their animal management and customer service skills.
We are looking to expand our team of Farm & Attraction Workers to assist the Assistant Farm & Attraction Manager in the smooth running of the Centre as a farm, visitor attraction and life skills provider. This includes participating in all activities, events, display and presentations as and when required.
You will need:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working with and handling a wide range of small and large farm livestock
- Good working knowledge of practical farm tasks and their execution including bale stacking; fencing and field gate installation techniques
- Ability to drive farm vehicles including tractors as required
- Experience of birds/falconry and or exotic animals/insects including snakes/spiders would be an advantage but not essential
- To be able to perform all the tasks detailed within the job description and meet the requirements outlined within the additional information section of the job description
- A friendly and approachable personality with excellent customer service skills in a similar tourist environment.
All appointments are subject to proof of right to work in the UK, an enhanced via the Disclosure & Barring Service and two satisfactory references.
For further information or to apply for the above post please visit our recruitment page by clicking on the apply button below.
Closing date: Friday, 25th August 2017/ Interview date: Wednesday, 6th September 2017
Registered Charity Number 291662