Millstone Landscapes has been operating since 1992 on commercial projects across the south of England. We specialise in providing high quality landscape services to major house builders and other commercial clients.
We currently have two vacancies for a Landscape Team Leader - Andover and Chichester.
Job purpose:- To lead projects on site so that all work is carried out to agreed levels of quality, speed and safety.
1. Planting of shrubs, trees and native whips.
2. Preparing soil using manual and mechanical means.
3. Laying turf and seeding grass or wildflower areas.
4. Maintaining shrubs, trees, whips, turf and seeded areas in line with good horticultural practice.
5. Ensuring that all work is signed off as it is completed.
1. To ensure that the work is carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the relevant risk assessments and method statements.
2. To organise the team for the work in hand ensuring that the work is carried out in the most efficient manner practicable.
3. To ensure that a high standard of work is maintained at all times in accordance with the client’s specification.
4. To establish a positive relationship with the client’s representative on site.
5. To ensure that communications with the office and client are clear and effective.
6. To ensure that all worksheets, delivery notes and other relevant paperwork are completed and returned to the office at the end of every day.
7. To minimise the amount of wasted time and materials.
8. To assist with the training of team members on site in accordance with the company’s written procedures and work instructions.
9. To be responsible for dealing with disciplinary matters on site in line with the company handbook.
10. To present a positive and professional image of the company to clients, staff and other stakeholders at all times.
You will need a current CSCS card and at least 1 year’s previous experience in a similar role.
A full, current UK driving license is essential.
You will be expected to demonstrate a good level of horticultural knowledge.
Current certificates for excavators, dumpers and chainsaws (CS30) are desirable.
There are two job vacancies - one job is based at our Andover office in Hampshire and the second job is based in West Stoke yard near Chichester in West Sussex.
You must be able to get to our yards independently as there is no public transport.
Working hours are 7:30am – 4:30pm. Overtime is encouraged.
20 days annual holiday + bank holidays.
Wages are £8.28 - £9.10 per hour, depending on skills and experience.
Full uniform and PPE will be provided.
Please click on the apply button below to send your application direct to the employer of this position.