Millstone Landscapes has been operating since 1992 on commercial projects across the south of England. We specialise in providing high quality landscape services to major house builders and other commercial clients.
We currently have two vacancies for a Landscape Assistant - Andover and Chichester.
Job purpose:- To assist with projects on site so that all work is carried out to agreed levels of quality, speed and safety.
1. Planting of shrubs, trees and native whips.
2. Preparing soil using manual and mechanical means.
3. Laying turf and seeding grass or wildflower areas.
4. Maintaining shrubs, trees, whips, turf and seeded areas in line with good horticultural practice.
1. To ensure that the work is carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the relevant risk assessments and method statements.
2. To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner practicable as directed by the team leader.
3. To ensure that a high standard of work is maintained at all times as directed by the team leader.
4. To minimise the amount of wasted time and materials.
5. To complete daily timesheets and other relevant paperwork and return these to the team leader at the end of every day.
6. To present a positive and professional image of the company to clients, staff and other stakeholders at all times.
You will need a current CSCS card and at least 6 months previous experience in a similar role.
A full, current UK driving license is desirable.
You will be expected to demonstrate a reasonable level of plant and horticultural knowledge.
Current certificates for excavators, dumpers and chainsaws (CS30) are desirable.
There are two job vacancies available - one job is based at our West Stoke yard near Chichester in West Sussex. The second job vacancy is based at our Abbots Ann yard near Andover in Hampshire.
You must be able to get to our yards independently as there is no public transport.
Working hours are 7:30am – 4:30pm. Overtime is encouraged.
Wages are £7.57 - £8.08 per hour, depending on skills and experience.
20 days annual holiday + bank holidays.
Full uniform and PPE will be provided.
Please click on the apply button below to send your application direct to the employer of this position.