Reporting To: Head of Agriculture Sector
- Establish and implement the operational plan for short, medium and long term production practices by applying available technology.
- Ensuring management principles are applied to create a favourable management climate by obtaining measurable goals, good communication and motivation on all levels.
- Draw up for approval by the Farm Manager the annual operating budget and control the costs of production to within 5% of the budget, ensuring continuous improvement through productivity and efficacy improvements on all aspects of the production process to make maximum production for the section.
Ensure volumes are produced in accordance with production curves, at optimal quality fruit for different marketing outlets.
- Responsible for application of legal and fair labour relations practices to ensure labour stability within own section/area.
- Implement a performance management system;
Giving feedback & Recognition
- Managing the development programme of sub-ordinates according to needs and priorities
- Ensure the correct application of the Group Policy and Corporate Mission to avoid mismanagement of resources.
- Maintain all external accreditations i.e. GlobalGap, Natures Choice, Organic, Fairtrade, Ethical etc.
- Liaise with external institutions, to ensure that all available technology and resources are effectively integrated with production practices.
- Ensure compliance with all legal aspects regarding water rights and work safety regulations.
- Bachelor Degree of Agriculture
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the same position.
Do you have Citrus Fruit Experience? If so please state your experience in your Covering Letter.
Please click on the apply button below to send your application direct to the employer of this position.