Breeding Trial & Seed Production Technician – Essex - £24K Basic + Car – Ref 12392KM
My client is looking for a Breeding Trial & Seed Production Technician in Essex. The role will involve working closely alongside the Trials Manager, Wheat Breeder and other staff. Supervision of both permanent and seasonal temporary staff will be necessary. As the companies Breeding Trial & Seed Production Technician you will be a valued and highly respected member of the trials team.
- Co-ordination of seed preparation.
- reparation of nursery plot and harvest labels.
- Co-ordination and supervision of nursery harvest.
- Responsibility for cleaning and storage of harvested seed.
Day to Day Running of Breeder and Official trials
- Ordering and co-ordination of seed stocks in preparation for drilling.
- Management of official trials, including protocol preparation, maintenance and data recording.
- Production of variety trial protocols.
Early Generation Seed Production
- Prepare appropriate field cropping plans, ensuring adequate isolation distances and previous cropping requirements are met.
- Complete all necessary record keeping.
- Take and store appropriate samples.
- Monitor crops for varietal purity and, where necessary, supervise rogueing of off-types to meet required in-field standards.
- Experience of field trials and/or seed multiplication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and accurately to tight timescales.
- Excellent analytical skills with a high attention to detail / accuracy.
- Proficient using MS Office packages.
- MUST be willing to learn!
- Must be flexible to travel during working week.
- £24K Basic Salary – Negotiable depending upon skills/education.
- Company Car.
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Kate@agriFJ.co.uk or call Kate Moxon on: