Farm Manager – Organic Farm, Worcestershire – Salary Negotiable (Up to c£50K!!!) – 12418KM
The Company & Role:
Agricultural and Farming Jobs is recruiting for an expanding Fresh Produce business, family owned for over 15 years, who supply fresh healthy produce to major retailers throughout the UK.
They are now seeking an energetic and highly focused, forward thinking Farm Manager to take on a challenging, team cantered role within a progressive and vibrant farming business.
Based in the Worcestershire (mixed balance of being outside in the crops and in the office) and reporting directly to the farms Managing Director, the responsibilities will be as follows,
· Day to day management of growing and harvest operations for:
· Production of Conventional & Organic Salad crops.
· Managing and understand the farm’s performance and accounts to ensure you manage the crop in a profitable manner.
· Advanced management of health and safety procedures, working towards world class standards.
· Continual innovation and development of precision farming.
· Introduce more technology used to improve efficiencies and lower production costs.
· Direct and co-ordinate worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, sales and recordkeeping.
· Walking the crops to make decisions on their management.
· Working with seed breeders to develop varieties, improving the crop’s growth habits but also improving the product for the consumer.
· Working with workshops that develop new machinery and modifying existing machinery to improve performance.
The candidate will require the following,
· Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in crop management.
· BASIS and FACTS qualifications preferable.
· Degree in agriculture preferable.
· Highly Competitive Salary!
· Continual professional (personal) development.
· Pension scheme.
· Company vehicle.
· 31 days annual leave.
For further information please contact Kate@agriFJ.co.uk on 07854 255526.
Please note that all applications are kept strictly confidential.