The Depot Manager will manage the Sales departments and staff across all depots; setting, working to and achieving targets. Ensuring at all times that the Sales department is run in a profitable, effective & safe way.
The Responsibilities & Duties:
- Preparation and achievement of annual sales target & KPIs.
- Management of department financials against the above, to ensure profit making and appropriate growth.
- Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs & business performance and feed that information back to contribute to company strategy & policy making as required.
- Line management and team development of sales teams, responsible for managing and motivating staff, recruiting, training and developing staff, according to company policies & employment laws & ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance etc).
- Holding regular team briefs and feeding those minutes back to the Directors.
- Daily contact with all sales team members to find out what they are working on and to get an answer on every deal, won, lost, dormant.
- Work with Sales and Marketing team to ensure that customer and prospect database is up to date.
- Work with the sale team to implement and continually monitor/improve an appropriate CRM system.
- Farm visits with sales where appropriate to assist in closing of the deals and general customer relationship building.
- To manage sales plan for the year and liasing with marketing to include event management and promotions.
- To conduct customer service follow up calls after a machine has been delivered.
- To ease the pressure of the workload from the Managing Director and deal with customer complaints quickly and effectively.
- Manage customer accounts & credit in conjunction with the Accounts department.
- Optimising direct sales opportunities and implement targeted sales campaigns and staff incentive schemes where appropriate.
- Develop used machinery / trade relationships, including export.
- Maintaining & nurturing supplier relationships, ensuring the best service possible to the end customer and encouraging repeat business.
- Management of department admin, ensuring that procedures are in place that invoicing is up-to-date.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous Management experience in a busy sales department.
- Proven history in working to targets and achieving those targets.
- Good commercial understanding on the costs of running a business and the need for a department to make money!
- Exceptional team management and motivational skills.
- The understanding for systems to be in place and procedures to be followed.
- Customer focussed individual that will have experience in cultivating a good customer service environment.
£35K basic + bonus.
Fantastic package on the offer!
Please send your CV to Sophie@AgriFJ.co.uk and you will be contacted if successful for an interview. Many Thanks.