Reporting to: The Service Manager
Service responsibility for the East Kent area, reporting back to the Group Service Manager where necessary, to include the following key responsibilities:
- To plan, control and monitor the overall performance of the Service Department, to meet company objectives and targets.
- Be the central Service contact for the depots both in normal working hrs and outside normal hrs in line with business needs.
- Work with our Group Service Manager to ensure the welfare and development of staff to deliver customer service levels that meet customer needs.
- To ensure that the company procedures and standards are adhered to at all times.
- Provide a professional and reliable interface for users of the workshop – customers and sales staff.
- Ensure good health and safety practices are observed at all times and be part of the Health and Safety committee.
- Ensure your Technicians receive the technical training required in order for them to deliver the very best service possible.
- Tool control and management for depots.
- Ensure manufacturer product improvements, bulletins and campaigns are actioned in accordance with the manufacturer guidelines.
- Maintain dealer standards, working with our group service manager and manufacturer zone managers.
- Liaise and work with manufacturers to resolve ongoing concerns this includes ongoing technical issues where there is no obvious fix and ongoing warranty / policy issues.
- Ensure warranty submissions are processed both in a timely and accurate manner. This includes the auditing of every warranty workshop job card and correction of where necessary.
- To supervise all Engineers in the preparation, installation, repair and maintenance of machinery to a satisfactory level.
- To ensure Customer Care standards are met and maintained within the Service Department.
- Daily work flow, plan, co-ordinate and allocation of jobs, this will be in combination with two other members of the team.
- Be present at the depot at weekends as part of your normal duties (This will be on a Rota basis)
- Contact customers, to give situation updates and sell services.
- Ensure the allocation of jobs to technicians is appropriate to the individuals’ skill competencies.
- Oversee and monitor overtime and time sheets.
- Communication with other depots to use company resources as effectively as possible.
- Prepare Job estimates for both internal sales and customers.
- Control parts ordering to ensure the most cost effective and timeliness approach.
The Candidate Must:
- Have Service / Engineering experience on Heavy Machinery.
- Come from an Agricultural / Construction Machinery background.
- Be commutable to Kent.
Salary up to £32K depending upon experience + Company Car!