National Salad & Brassica Farm Manager - North West – Salary Up To £55K! - 12631 KM
An established and very successful family-owned business who specialise in growing, packing and distributing a variety of root vegetables, brassicas and salads.
Supplying some of the major supermarkets in the UK as well as independent retailers, wholesalers, food service, caterers and food manufacturing sectors standards are consistently very high and a strong management team ensure these standards are maintained at all times.
Within a fast-paced farming environment, the Farm Manager works closely with the Assistant Manager & Production Managers, whilst reporting to the Operations Director & Managing Director. The Farm Manager is responsible for the growing and harvesting of the crops.
· Manage and maintain an efficient farm.
· Manage and produce efficient growing and harvesting schedules with the guidance of sales forecasts.
· Pro-active approach to move the team and department forward to ensure we are leaders in the field.
· Manage all farm staff.
· Co-ordinate with Salad & Brassica Production Managers.
· Management and control of all costs associated with the farming activities.
· Ensure smooth running of all functions within the farm.
· Manage and motivate staff effectively.
· Acquire Land and ensure we have strong relationships with landowners.
· Report on farm performance according to company requirements.
· Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
· Ensure all farm staff are fully trained.
· Communicate company strategy and policies effectively to all farm staff.
· Improve and maintain a high level of health and safety.
· Comprehensive control of stock and chemicals.
· Management and maintenance of all farm equipment.
· Maintain the service records of all of the farming equipment.
· Communication with transport regarding number of loads and time planning.
· Excellent relationship and managerial skills.
· Ability to plan and organise own workload.
· Ability to lead a team.
· Ability to manage a team.
· Ability to delegate.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to identify mistakes and correct them.
· Attention to detail.
· Highly accurate.
· Prioritisation Skills Excellent written and verbal skills.
· Strong organisational skills.
· CAN DO attitude.
To apply please send your CV to: admin@agriFJ.co.uk.