Spinach Trials Assistant – East Anglia – Salary dependent upon experience - 12508KM
We are recruiting for a one of the world’s leading crop producers based in East Anglia. This company are now recruiting for an additional role within their research department.
The primary role of the spinach assistant will be to take responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the spinach breeding support work.
The key responsibilities of the position include;
- The establishment and maintenance of spinach breeding trials. This includes planting, general cultivation, assisting in selection, isolation of selections, recording of flowering characteristics, harvesting and seed cleaning.
- Cage seed productions of inbred seed. This includes planting, general cultivation, checking for purity in parent lines, recording of flowering performance.
- Hybrid trials. This includes drilling and recording.
- It is likely that some supervision of temporary staff will be involved when necessary.
- At certain times of the year (particularly winter and spring), the assistant will be required to undertake brassica pollinations and seed cleaning.
- Previous trials experience.
- Knowledge of spinach and brassica is highly advantageous.
- Salary dependant on experience.
To Apply Please send your CV to admin@agriFJ.co.uk or call the office on 01527 878 550.