Poultry Manager – North Midlands – Salary c£30K - £35K – 12513KM
This company run a free-range bird laying unit of around 300,000 birds and have their own feed mill. They are responsible for supplying their products to some of the major leading UK supermarkets. They are now looking to recruit for a Poultry Manager to be based working in the North Midlands.
- Staff Management
Induction, training, organising, supporting and appraising.
- Health & Safety
Fully responsible for ensuring a safe work place for all.
Paperwork, self-audits, weekly checks and updates.
- Bird Welfare
Shed walks, range walks, paddock rotation, water checks, ventilation and ammonia checks, rodent activity and litter assessment.
Set the example and ensure all staff members and visitors adhere.
Allocating repairs to the right individual.
- On call and weekends
Part of a rota covering these periods.
Planning any specific site turnaround repairs, overseeing bird removal, again on rota basis, managing litter removal, managing washing operation, preparation for new flock and re-stocking new flock.
- Vet, Breed rep, Nutritionist meeting
Discuss, develop and learn.
Periodic projects allocated to specific managers over a fixed period.
- Key personal characteristics are important.
- A genuine thoroughness in what you do.
- Attention to detail.
- Personable skills and good communication skills are also very important.
- Staff management experience.
- Poultry farming experience.
- Starting salary circa £30K with a quarterly salary review.
- 3 Bedroom accommodation
- Vehicle, iPad and phone included in salary.
Please send your CV to Admin@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested.