Technical Service Support Lead – IT, Electronics and Installation – UK (M5 / M6 Corridor) – £35K - £40K + Bonus + Vehicle – 12509KM
This company is focused on delivering automation and sensing technology internationally. They are now recruiting for a very exciting and varied role which requires an IT savvy and technically minded individual who is confident with technology, electronics and installation.
- This role is part of the Sales & Marketing Group and will be reporting to the Country Manager – Ireland.
- Supporting with the installation of agri-technology.
- This role is responsible for leading the remote Support Specialists staff in Ireland to achieve the operational objectives through mentoring, planning, and monitoring the team to assist team members achieve their performance objectives.
- The overall challenge is to ensure our customers are positive sales advocates for our product and service.
- Lead the onsite customer support operations such that customer expectations are exceeded and operational efficiency and profitability are maximized.
- Within a designated region of UK and Ireland, ensure that customers and their systems are supported in a professional and timely manner. This includes commissioning, training, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading systems and software to ensure optimal system performance.
- Provide input into the Sales & Marketing annual business plan and ensure the operational strategies support programmes are aligned with the strategic view.
- Participate in the development of the Sales & Marketing group strategic operational planning, including (but not limited to) technical support, communications framework, external engagement, risk mitigation and opportunities for innovation and assessment of obstacles.
- Customers feel well supported, receiving solutions to their problems in a professional and timely manner, as well as proactive advice about how to maintain and best utilise their systems.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware/software problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including on-site repair.
- Train your staff members on how to identify and resolve issues.
- Drive the management and prompt resolution to identified problem customers / key accounts.
- All information required for management reporting purposes will be supplied in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assistance will be provided for the deployment and development of new products or enhancements to existing products.
- Standard operating procedures will be employed, with ongoing input provided on ways that these operating procedures can be improved. Performing management auditing and training of contractors and staff where required.
- Some weekend work and after-hours support will, from time to time, be required and time will need to be managed efficiently.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Technical Experience – the role will involve ongoing customer support involving electrical and electronics equipment, mechanical engineering, and computer software – as such a relevant degree (NZCE Electronics or advanced trade certificate in Electronics/radio/electrical) or a minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field would be ideal.
- It will be of great advantage for the job holder to be experienced in the installation and support of sophisticated electrical equipment, and particularly equipment that utilises Radio Frequency Identification.
- Experience in the installation and support of computer software will also be of advantage.
- Experience with mechanical maintenance or engineering is of equal importance.
- Customer Servicing – the job holder will be a key contact point for customers and other staff in the region.
- A temperament suited to dealing with issues raised by customers in a professional manner is required.
- Excellent relationship, communication and telephone skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and customer focus are essential for this role.
- Proven experience in people management and the ability to train people, both internal and external, is required.
- Good understanding of software product development
- Understanding of the farming industry is a requirement.
- The ability to perform advanced problem solving and systematic resolution of issues and applying common sense.
- The ability to prioritise multiple tasks and demands on time. Time management and planning ability is crucial, along with the ability to self-motivate.
- Database and SQL scripting knowledge would be an asset.
- IT savvy. The candidate MUST be IT literate and technically minded. They require someone who is knowledgeable of IT systems and electronics.
Please send your CV to Admin@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested.