Farm Manager – Arable and Fresh Produce Farm – South East – Salary £30K - £60K + Car + Phone + Pension - 12518KM
The Farm Manager is specifically accountable to the Farm Operations Manager for;
- Production and Harvesting of UK Field Grown Crops.
- To ensure that all Plant and Equipment, to achieve the above, is in good working order and is in safe condition according to Health and Safety Policy.
- Management of all Full-time, Seasonal and Contracted Farm Staff.
- Induction Training of All New Employees.
- Staff familiarity and compliance with Health and Safety Notices and ‘Operating Procedures’.
- Site Rules and Emergency Procedures.
- Food Safety Rules – Physical, Chemical and Biological Contamination.
- Personal Hygiene rules and Illness and return to work reporting.
- Process knowledge.
- Operational Skills.
- Managerial skills to include IT.
In respect of the above, the Farm Manager is specifically responsible for;
- The creation / implementation of the Growing Plan, and the management of such ground work, drilling / planting / fertigation and irrigation plus, in conjunction with Farm Operations Manager, crop protection practices (and as may be advised by the Company Agronomists in Crop Inspection Reports).
- The completeness and accuracy of Growing Records – ground work, planting or drilling, irrigation, fertilisation and crop protection (to ensure harvest intervals are being complied with).
- Providing the Farm Operations Manager with a written, two weekly, rolling forecast of crop availability and yield, to include any impending problems of quality and availability.
- To oversee the Harvest Manager to ensure the agreed budgeted guidelines set by the Farm Operations Manager are met.
- To ensure the completeness and accuracy of all Harvesting Records (Pre–use Check Lists / Cleaning Records / Plaster and Knife Records / Fitness to work records / Time Sheets etc.).
- Through the Harvest Manager to ensure fitness to work of harvesting staff, as set out in the Company’s Food Safety Policy – including the provision, condition and use of all Field Welfare Facilities.
- In liaison with the Farm Operations Manager and Farm Team, the development of systems of production to reduce operational costs; this is ongoing and essential.
- The development of an Induction Training Programme for New Employees.
- To ensure implementation of a Training Programme for Tractor and Car Drivers.
- To oversee the insurance, maintenance and repairs of the Tractor and Car fleet associated with the farm business.
- The condition, storage and use of all Production / Harvesting Equipment.
- The condition, storage and use of any issued Personal Protective Equipment.
- Undertaking as may be appropriate the Post training Assessment of Staff Competency to include the completeness and accuracy of all associated training and competency assessments.
- Undertaking Accident Investigations and the Provision of a written Report and Action Plan to the Farm Operations Manager as set out in the Company’s
- Accident and Incident Investigation Procedure.
- Undertaking any such other tasks, which may, from time to time, be agreed with the Farm Operations Manager, and for which appropriate instruction and training will be provided.
- Salary between £30K - £60K + Car + Phone + Pension.
Please send your CV to admin@agriFJ.co.uk.