Farm Manager (Fruit and Vegetables) – Suffolk – Salary between £40K - £50K – 12529KM
A long established successful business, based in Suffolk specializing in the growing and packing of fruit and vegetables for supermarket, food service and wholesale customers.
This is a busy food production environment and you will be reporting to the Head of Farms and managing all production, technical and harvesting operations. You would be responsible for the management of all of the farm, from crop establishment to harvesting to dispatch of finished product.
- Management of all growing crops and meeting all food safety guidelines.
- Manage all farm staff efficiently and effectively, ensuring implementation of necessary training.
- Management and control of all costs associated with the farming activities.
- Ensure smooth running of all functions within the farm.
- Maintain a high level of health and safety.
- Ideally be PA1 & PA2 qualified.
- Management and maintenance of all farm equipment.
- Have a hands-on approach.
In respect of the above, the Farm Manager is specifically responsible for;
- The creation and implementation of a growing blueprint with the Growing Manager.
- The completeness and accuracy of Growing Records – growing environment, watering and crop protection (to ensure harvest intervals are being complied with).
- Recruitment and staffing to allow maximum production on the farm annually.
- Providing the business with a written, six weekly, rolling forecast of crop availability and yield, to include any impending problems of quality and availability.
- To oversee the Harvest Manager to ensure the agreed budgeted guidelines set by the business are met and all harvesters are achieving set targets.
- To ensure the completeness and accuracy of all Harvesting Records (Pre–use Check Lists / Cleaning Records / Plaster and Knife Records / Fitness to work records / Time Sheets etc.).
- Through the Harvest Manager to ensure fitness to work of harvesting staff, as set out in the Company’s Food Safety Policy.
- In liaison with the Head of farms and Farm Team, the development of systems of production to reduce operational costs; this is ongoing and essential.
- The development of an Induction Training Programme for New Employees.
- To ensure implementation of a Training Programme for current employees.
- To oversee the insurance, maintenance and repairs of the entire site.
- The condition, storage and use of all Production / Harvesting Equipment.
- The condition, storage and use of any issued Personal Protective Equipment.
- Undertaking as may be appropriate the post training assessment of Staff Competency to include the completeness and accuracy of all associated training and competency assessments.
- Undertaking Accident Investigations and the Provision of a written Report and Action Plan to the Head of farms as set out in the Company’s hand book.
- Accident and Incident Investigation Procedure.
- Undertaking any such other tasks, which may, from time to time, be agreed with the Head of farms, and for which appropriate instruction and training will be provided
- Have excellent communication and team player attributes.
- Have the ability to effectively manage over 100 staff.
- Understand the principles of crop production.
- Attention to detail.
- Health and safety focused.
- Strong communication and training skills.
- Food Safety Rules – Physical, Chemical and Biological Contamination.
- Personal Hygiene rules.
- Operational Skills and an understanding of equipment and site maintenance.
- Managerial skills to include IT and reporting to the business.
- Formally trained in H&S, Food safety, chemical usage etc.
- Salary will depend entirely on experience.
- No Accommodation, farm vehicle provided.
Please send your CV to admin@agriFJ.co.uk.