Sector Strategy Director (Beef and Lamb) – Midlands – Salary Up To £76K – 12590KM
We are very pleased to be recruiting for this fantastic agricultural company who represent and offer services to a range of sectors including cattle, sheep, pigs, cereals and horticulture. They are now recruiting for their beef and lamb division and now require a Sector Strategy Director (Beef and Lamb) to be based working in the Midlands.
- Produces clearly defined sector strategy with sector board and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Works closely with sector board and Chief Strategy Officer to ensure that the strategy set by the board will enable our farmers, growers & industry to succeed.
- Works closely with delivery teams to ensure the sector’s strategic activities are being met in the right way – choosing the right work, ensuring it is delivered to high standard.
- Agrees and oversees evaluation tools to monitor and report on performance for the sector across all functions.
- Agrees and oversees use of investment tools to ensure sound judgements are made on what type of work taken on.
- Keeps functional teams up to date with sector trends and issues.
- Organises and chairs meetings, and communicates regularly across the organisation so all staff working on the sector within functional teams are kept well informed.
- Champions the sector externally and internally.
- Develops and maintains a strong profile and connection with the sector – commentating, networking, building supply chain relationships as face of the sector for media and industry.
- Maintains and develops partnerships with third parties.
- Manages political relationships with industry stakeholders. Feeds back signals both inside and outside that indicate opportunities to grow, improve reputation or threaten our success.
- Jointly approves large spends with functional managers.
- Excellent networker and relationship builder. Strategic thinker and politically aware. Extensive strategic and business development expertise.
- Excellent communicator – able to identify, evaluate and articulate value for levy payers.
- Empathy with agriculture, supply chain and food.
- Able to have impact and influence through matrix management.
- Salary between £62K - £76K depending upon experience.
- Hours: 35 hours per week.
Please send your CV to Admin@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match.