Knowledge Transfer Manager – Pork - UK / Home-Based – Salary Between £35K - £40K + Excellent Benefits – 12612KM
We are very pleased to be recruiting for this fantastic agricultural company who represent and offer services to a range of sectors including cattle, sheep, pigs, cereals and horticulture. They are now recruiting for their pork division and now require a Knowledge Transfer Manager to be based anywhere in the UK who is easily commutable to one of their head offices (Midlands / North East / East Anglia).
This company is now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic member of staff to the Pork Knowledge Exchange team to contribute to their technical delivery.
You will be part of a small Knowledge Transfer team, responsible for translating the outputs of research into technical tools and resources. This is done through harnessing relevant research outputs from around the world. The team then translate that knowledge into relevant tools and technical resources in order to accelerate productivity within the pig industry.
Building networks with key industry groups, consultants, vets, processors and producers, will be crucial to your success. You will have a good working knowledge of pork production and related supply chains.
- Assist the Senior Manager to plan, organise and supervise production of resource, tools and activities.
- Provide technical input to the trial programme, working with host farmers and third party contractors to ensure trials work is undertaken to the correct protocols and standards.
- Project manage elements of the team activity plan and provide accurate and appropriate reporting information to the Senior Manager.
- As directed, work with producers and Managers to identify the main technical challenges at each farm and assist colleagues to develop and implement a programme of on‐farm activity to address those challenges.
- Deliver technical information at meetings.
- Work with communication team colleagues to ensure technical web content is developed and updated.
- Write and deliver technical information for sector and industry publications on Pig topics.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in the pig industry.
- Knowledge of trial/research protocols and knowledge transfer methods and tactics.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders such as vets, nutritionists and consultants.
- Track record of preparing technical information (fact sheets/webinar content) and delivering presentations at industry meetings.
- Results driven individual, with experience of achieving operational targets.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent), ideally in an agricultural related subject, with significant industrial or applied research experience.
- Can demonstrate a desire and willingness to actively develop own skills and knowledge.
- Salary between £35K - £40K.
- Excellent benefits to be discussed.
To apply for this role and find out more information please send your up to date CV to admin@agriFJ.co.uk or contact Tara on 01527 878 550.
Please note only those who are suitably shortlisted will be contacted.