Trainee Knowledge Exchange Manager - Horticulture - UK / Home-Based – Salary Between £28K - £43K + Excellent Benefits – 12636 KM
We are very pleased to be recruiting for this fantastic agricultural company who represent and offer services to a range of sectors. They are now recruiting for their horticultural division and now require a Knowledge Transfer Manager to be based anywhere in the UK who is easily commutable to one of their head offices (Midlands / North East / East Anglia).
To be responsible for the effective and efficient execution of Technical and Knowledge Exchange elements of the Sector strategy. Contributing to a world-class knowledge exchange and delivery service to Horticulture producers through key operational and business plan targets in support of the Sector and company strategy.
- Contribute technical input to activities covering Knowledge Transfer (KT) and Knowledge Exchange (KE) within a sector.
- Provide operational and line management of KT staff within the sector team where appropriate.
- Develop the sector KT/KE activity, campaigns and materials within budget and provide accurate and appropriate reporting information to the Head of KE as required.
- Ensure effective monitoring of the KPI’s for the technical and KE activity to that sector.
- Work with the Head of KE to ensure the delivery and evaluation of KE activity, campaigns and materials to enhance effectiveness and to ensure specified Sector outcomes are delivered.
- Contribute to reviews of specific knowledge exchange/stakeholder communication activities, products and services and recommend actions to enhance effectiveness where appropriate.
- Contribute to and ensure a successful link between research and technical / KE functions for the sector to positively deliver the sector priorities and KE requirements.
- Ensure the KE team is integrated across the wider KE and research function contributing technical insight to positively deliver the sector priorities and KE requirements.
- Follow guidelines to create and deliver levy payer facing activity, materials, tools and messages to deliver benefits for a given sector.
- Positively embrace cross sector working opportunities to ensure efficiencies and sharing of best practice are delivered.
- Develop proactive feedback mechanisms from levy payer KE facing activity which feed into technical priorities and strategy.
- Be a point of contact for the sector with internal and external stakeholders / professionals and media for matters relating to the KE and technical area of activity.
- Support the Head of KE with an understanding of the industry landscape and its technical challenges.
- Where directed by the Head of KE contribute to stakeholder / supply chain engagement on technical issues at a national level and to regional activity with stakeholders via the knowledge exchange teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external research / technical / knowledge transfer and associated stakeholders / professionals.
- Take an active and constructive role in Sector KE management meetings and wider staff meetings as appropriate
- Write and deliver KE and technical information to promote sector and products and services.
Contribute to the development of the Sector KE business plan.
- A skilled communicator able to speak and write with authority.
- A proven track record of developing and delivering effective KE approaches.
- A manager who has experience of or potential for building a strong team spirit.
- Results driven manager, with experience achieving stretching operational targets.
- Experienced at closely monitoring and managing project budget expenditure.
- Industry expertise in the Horticulture sector.
- Will hold a relevant Horticulture degree and/or equivalent.
- May have higher level professional and or technical qualification in the defined technical area (e.g. BASIS).
- Can demonstrate a desire and willingness to actively develop own skills and knowledge.
- Confident to work with industry partners from across the Horticulture sector.
- Able to develop and maintain professional relationships with relevant researchers and institutes.
- A team player with the ability to respond to the needs of colleagues across the Horticulture KE team.
- Salary between £28K - £43K.
- Excellent benefits to be discussed.
To apply for this role and find out more information please send your up to date CV to admin@agriFJ.co.uk or contact Tara on 01527 878 550.
Please note only those who are suitably shortlisted will be contacted.