Barbican Animal Health was founded by The Evidence Group, an experienced team of veterinary nutritional specialists.
The products are focused on the prevention of metabolic disease in dairy cows especially milk fever, a specialist area of the Evidence Group.
We require an ambitious salesperson with some dairy experience to coordinate, manage and execute the sales strategy of this rapidly expanding part of the Evidence Group business.
The successful candidate will have the senior role in developing the direction of the business and will be well rewarded for delivering rapid sales growth.
There will be flexibility on how this role will be carried out depending on the sales strategy that the successful candidate devises but the day to day/week to week activities for this role are likely to include:
- Dairy farmers on sales and technical queries.
- The veterinary team of Evidence Group on more complex technical queries from farmer clients.
- Suppliers to follow up customer queries and orders and negotiate price
The administration staff in Penrith on orders
- Farm visits when technically proficient enough to offer technical assistance-suitable technical training will be provided
- Updating the website content and twitter output of Barbican
- Producing sales material with the help from the technical team.
- Ensure that Barbican complies with the necessary regulations e.g. UFAS.
The following skills are required for this role:
- Experience within the agriculture sector is essential, ideally being used to dealing with dairy farmers on a regular basis and possibly veterinary practices
- Excellent communication skills. The role will include going to some agricultural shows and manning a stand
- Ability to be very organized and to closely manage budgets and liaise on a sales strategy with a small team.
- Ability to work alone- the job will entail working away from a central office but back up is available by phone or email at all times.
Ideally located on the west side of the country in the dairy dense areas between Gloucester and Lancaster.
Salary Package - flexible arrangement of salary, sales commission and equity- for negotiation.
Please click on the apply button below to send your CV direct to the employer of this position.