Wheat Purification Officer – East Anglia – Salary c£25K + Excellent Benefits – 12693 KM
We are very pleased to be recruiting for this leading innovative wheat breeding company.
This company are looking to recruit a Wheat Purification Officer to join their team in the production of early generation pure seed stocks of new wheat varieties for official trials and commercial production.
The job entails a mix of detailed indoor and outside work examining new wheat varieties for uniformity and purity.
- To be responsible for laboratory variety testing during the winter.
- To be responsible for selection and preparation of seed for official purity testing.
- To jointly oversee all field observations.
- To oversee the harvest and sowing preparation of the purification material.
- You will have A level education (science, or agricultural background preferred) or equivalent by experience, a Degree in Biological Sciences is desirable
- Experience in horticulture or agriculture.
- Experience in working in a laboratory.
- Experience either as a Seed Analyst, in seed certification, or in purification is desirable.
- Able to handle routine tasks and procedures with attention to detail.
- Able to work in both a laboratory environment and out in the field.
- You will be ambitious, and passionate, about your work.
- A full driving license is essential.
- Salary circa £25K, depending upon experience.
- Benefits to include contributory pension scheme and life insurance.