Dairy Farm Manager – North West – Salary £25K to £35K + Accommodation – 12707 KM
This fantastic dairy farm is urgently seeking an enthusiastic person to manage their herd of 80 pedigree Holstein cows plus followers, based in the North West of England.
- Routine feeding, scraping out, bedding.
- Monitoring yield – 10,000 l/cow.
- Animal husbandry.
- Monitoring livestock.
- Fertility control, including AI and implementing fertility programme.
- Tractor work.
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations.
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm.
- Supermarket correspondence.
- Document results for analysis.
- Provide monthly information for management reporting.
- Plan finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters.
- Plan around external factors, for example weather.
- Plan activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
- Planning work schedules.
- Meeting with professional advisors.
- Planning vet visits.
- School visits.
- Artificial Insemination.
- Tractor driving.
- Dairy farming experience.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- IT skills.
- Artificial insemination (not essential but desirable).
- Foot trimming (not essential but desirable).
- Salary commensurate with experience – between £25K to £35K.
- Accommodation available.
- Further training will be provided.
To apply please send your CV to: admin@agriFJ.co.uk