Team Leader – Poultry Laying Farm – Scotland – Salary Up To £24K + Excellent Benefits – 12772 KM
We are pleased to be recruiting for this leading poultry production company who are recruiting for 2 Team Leaders to assist with the management of 2 of their Pedigree Laying Farms based in Scotland.
To take responsibility and assist in the effective and efficient management of a Pedigree Laying Farm by ensuring a set of defined husbandry tasks are carried out and monitored for effective performance in either the pedigree or non-pedigree pens as delegated by the farm manager.
- Supporting the farm manager in the day to day running of a pedigree laying farm by actively leading 1 of 2 small teams of individuals on site.
- Ensuring the welfare of stock is maintained at all times and that procedures laid out by the farm manager are applied.
- Monitoring of flock health on a day to day basis, identifying and reporting any problems to the farm manager or in his/her absence the production manager.
- Maintenance and implementation of agreed bio-security protocols and standards.
- Ensuring bird management decisions are timely and communicated to optimise bird performance.
- Accurate and timely collection of data, recording of data and any other relevant pedigree information as defined by the farm manager.
- Assisting in the general repair and maintenance of farm buildings and equipment.
- In the absence of the farm manager responding to alarm callouts.
- Undertaking evening farm checks as relief to the farm manager.
- Undertaking regular weekend supervision of the staff/site with direction and guidance from the Farm Manager.
- Taking an active support role in the successful leadership and performance of the farm staff including their personal development.
- Taking ownership of the defined best practices and protocols and ensuring compliance by all members of staff.
- 2+ year's relevant experience in poultry husbandry.
- Driving licence.
- Team working.
- Must have good technical knowledge of broiler breeder husbandry preferably production phase.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build staff relationships and be an effective communicator.
- Able to co-ordinate and monitor team performance and bird performance Leadership abilities.
- Personal developer.
- Training will be provided in communication, leadership, delegation, appraisals, problem solving, dealing with staff conflict, however, previous completion of any formal training in these areas would be beneficial.
Please send your CV to Admin@agriFJ.co.uk or contact Emma at the office for further information: 01527 878 550.