Cogent Precision Technicians required, UK Wide
Our aim: To provide UK dairy farmers with world class genetics and reproductive services.
Your career opportunity: Do you have AI experience (preferred) or significant dairy experience? Are you motivated, passionate and understand the benefits of providing customers a daily service that's right first time, every time? Would you like a job with training and career development opportunities?
If you think this could be you then read on...
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Holidays: 21 days holiday, up to 25 days following 2 years’ service, plus bank holidays
Pension: Company Matching Pension Scheme
Life Assurance: 4 times your annual basic salary
Locations: Cheshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Carlisle, Devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucester, East Sussex, West Sussex and Berkshire.
Cogent is one of the UK's leading suppliers of bovine genetics, employing over 150 employees, we operate the UK's largest bull stud. Our award-winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of reproduction improvements on farms. Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence exporting services and products to more than 60 countries.
Your role as Precision Reproductive Specialist:
Following our internal training programme, you will be set to deliver a high quality, reproduction and breeding service, providing expert advice and assisting customers in meeting reproductive targets and developing new Precision opportunities * Must have a full (manual) UK Driving Licence *
Tasks to include:
• Building effective relationships with customers to deliver a service that meets their breeding requirements
• Running an efficient service utilising Cogent's state-of-the-art heat detection system and whole herd management solution, to ensure accurate and timely artificial insemination of cattle
• Taking responsibility for your customers fertility data and herd reports
• Preparing reports and providing detailed performance progress to customers and Team Leader
• Liaising with industry professionals such as Veterinarians and Nutritionists
What will I need to be considered for this Precision Reproductive Specialist vacancy?
• Proven experience providing a high standard of artificial insemination services, in-depth reproductive technical knowledge, although full training will be provided for the right candidates
• Good knowledge of animal husbandry, with the ability to understand and converse with industry professionals
• Professional and friendly attitude with excellent communication and rapport building skills
• Highly organised, diligent, self motivated and able to overcome challenges
• Must have a can do attitude and a proven team player, able to deliver the highest quality of service to your customers 365 days a year
• IT literacy
• Full UK driving licence
Please click on the apply button below to send your CV direct to the employer of this position.