National Salad & Brassica Farm Manager – North West – Competitive Salary – 12831 KM
Established and very successful family-owned business that specialise in growing, packing and distributing a variety of root vegetables, brassicas and salads.
This company supply some of the UK's major supermarkets as well as wholesalers, independent retailers, food service, caterers and food manufacturing sectors.
Standards are consistently kept very high and a strong management team ensure these standards are maintained at all times.
Within a fast paced farming environment, the Farm Manager works closely with the Assistant Manager & Production Managers, whilst reporting to the Operations Director & Managing Director. The Farm Manager is responsible for the growing and harvesting of the crops.
Roles Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage and maintain an efficient farm.
- Manage and produce efficient growing and harvesting schedules with the guidance of sales forecasts.
- Pro-active approach to move the team and department forward to ensure the company are leaders in the field.
- Manage all farm staff.
- Co-ordinate with Salad & Brassica Production Managers.
- Management and control of all costs associated with the farming activities.
- Ensure smooth running of all functions within the farm.
- Manage and motivate staff effectively.
- Acquire Land and ensure the company have strong relationships with landowners.
- Produce growing plans and order everything necessary.
- Planning of harvest schedules to ensure efficiency and management of relationship with landowners.
- Management of farm related paperwork in particular timely and correct usage of purchase ordering system, WTD and time sheets.
- Report on farm performance according to company requirements.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Ensure all farm staff are fully trained.
- Communicate company strategy and policies effectively to all farm staff.
- Improve and maintain a high level of health and safety.
- Comprehensive control of stock and chemicals.
- Maximise the farming efficiencies
- Management and maintenance of all farm equipment.
- Maintain the service records of all of the farming equipment.
- Provide an efficient and effective service.
- Conversant with the Health & Safety procedures and fully observe the safety rules.
- Ensure that H & S working practices are adhered to within your farming staff.
- Ensure that farming methods are always the best most efficient use of, keeping abreast of the new ways of working etc.
- Communication with transport regarding number of loads and time planning.
- Defect reporting on equipment (Bulkers).
- Deliver excellent customer service 100% of the time.
- Drive and lead from the front.
- Become an integral part of the “family team” which we believe is at the heart of our success to be able to learn, develop and grow with the company.
- To be positive, inspirational, stay determined and motivated whilst being trustworthy and reliable and overall fit into our successful organisation.
- Excellent relationship and managerial skills.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Ability to delegate.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to identify mistakes and correct them.
- Attention to detail and highly accurate.
- Prioritisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- CAN DO attitude.
- Team player.
- Adaptability to change.
- Trust worthiness.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Willingness to go that extra mile.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent “family feel” working environment.
- Progression (for those who seek it).
- Contributory company pension, following 3 months service.
- Full training will be provided for any new tasks that may be given / expected.
Please send your CV to Admin@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.