Assistant Farm Manager – Fresh Produce Farm (Root Vegetables, Brassicas and Salads) – Yorkshire – 12885 EA
Established farming business specialising in growing, packing and distributing a variety of root vegetables, brassicas and salads.
Supplying some of the major supermarkets in the UK as well as independent retailers, wholesalers, food service, caterers and food manufacturing sectors.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and want to be an integral part of a successful company then read on.
Reporting to: National Roots Manager
Within a fast paced farming environment, the Assistant Farm Manager works closely with the Harvesting Manager, whilst reporting to the National Roots Manager. The Assistant Farm Manager runs the farm, outside of the Harvesting function. Within a small, dynamic team of Farm Technicians you would be expected to manage the Shropshire Farming network from drilling to seeding to harvesting given the supply expectations of the Head Office.
- Manage and maintain an efficient farm.
- Manage all farm staff (non-harvesting).
- Management and control of all costs associated with the farming activities.
- Ensure smooth running of all functions within the farm.
- Manage and motivate staff effectively.
- Planning of crops and ordering of seed and plant to fulfil requirements.
- Sourcing and renting of land required and management of relationship with landowners.
- Management of farm related paperwork in particular timely and correct usage of purchase ordering system.
- Report on farm performance according to company requirements.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Ensure all farm staff are fully trained.
- Communicate company strategy and policies effectively to all farm staff.
- Improve and maintain a high level of health and safety.
- Comprehensive control of stock and chemicals.
- Maximise the farming efficiencies.
- Management and maintenance of all farm equipment.
- Maintain the service records of all of the farming equipment.
- Provide an efficient and effective service.
- Conversant with the Health & Safety procedures and fully observe the safety rules.
- Ensure that H & S working practices are adhered to within your farming staff.
- Ensure that farming methods are always the best most efficient use of, keeping abreast of the new ways of working etc.
- Deliver excellent customer service 100% of the time.
- Drive and lead from the front.
- Become an integral part of the “family team”.
- Be able to learn, develop and grow with the Company.
- Be positive, inspirational, stay determined and motivated whilst being trustworthy and reliable and overall fit into our successful organisation.
- Excellent relationship and managerial skills.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Ability to delegate.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to identify mistakes and correct them.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly accurate.
- Prioritisation Skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent “family feel” working environment.
- Career progression (for those who seek it).
- Contributory company pension, following 3 months service.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.