Working Farm Manager – Potatoes – North Yorkshire – Salary Up To £40K + 4 Bedroom House - 12883 EA
We are pleased to be recruiting for this excellent established family farming business consisting of potatoes, combinable crops and livestock. This company provide some of the UK's leading companies with their produce and are proud providers of their high yielding quality crop. This farm now require an experienced and hands-on Working Farm Manager to manage up to 900 acres of potatoes and oversee the daily operations of their potato farming division.
- Organisation and running of the potato farm.
- Management of staff.
- Overseeing harvesting of up to 900 acres of potatoes.
- Ensuring that the crop meets customer specification.
- Harvesting and grading potatoes.
- Cultivating and relief spraying.
- Delegating jobs to sprayer operators, cultivators and other farm workers.
- Machinery maintenance and repairs.
- Management experience.
- Potato farming experience is essential.
- Strong arable knowledge.
- PA1 and PA2 are desirable, spraying experience would be highly beneficial.
- Cultivation experience.
- Mechanically minded.
- IT literate – must be a proficient user of GateKeeper and Excel for record keeping.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- £30K - £40K depending upon experience.
- 4 bedroom house included.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.