EC Drummond are looking to recruit an Agricultural Mechanic/Fitter to maintain the farm vehicle and machinery fleet. Based near Ross-on-Wye the role would suit a person who is looking for a challenge in a busy and diverse environment and is a self-starter who can prioritise and schedule maintenance programmes.
There is a requirement to be responsive to the needs of the everyday farm business. Having expertise in all types of agricultural machinery is essential as the farm has a diverse range of farm machinery as well as a large vehicle fleet.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities:
• Implementation of repairs, servicing and breakdowns
• Liaise with internal and external customers
• Manage work priorities
• Build a rapport with all departments of the farm
• Knowledge of a large range of farm vehicles and machinery is essential
• Fabricate parts or components (as necessary)
• Ensuring that all work/maintenance is recorded and carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
• Road testing vehicles and carrying out necessary inspections (MOT preparation)
• Schedule maintenance periods for all vehicle & mechanical equipment and maintain appropriate records
• Assist with necessary audits
• Comply with HSE requirements/Understand HSE legislation
The Person The business is looking for a fully motivated self-starter to take ownership of this position and work together with all sectors of the business (arable, soft fruits, production, maintenance). Must have good communication skills.
Assistance is also provided with a self-employed mechanic supporting you.
Hours40 hour week (although remain flexible to provide additional support (out of hours & weekends) during Harvest and other intensive periods) Salary TBC (competitive)
Full Driving Licence required