Farm Manager – Fresh Produce Farm – South East – Competitive Salary + House - 12855 EA
Leading Fresh Produce Company specialising in the production of rocket, spinach, lettuce and various other leafy greens.
- To manage site operations, ensuring production targets are met in full, within budget and within quality specification.
- To ensure compliance with all legal, customer and company policy and requirements.
Role Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise the UK Senior Farms Manager of resources required to successfully manage day to day operations.
- Through the growing team, maintain drilling programmes and ensure efficient use of seed, pesticides, fertilisers and water during crop production.
- Work with the Harvest Manager to produce accurate crop availability and quality forecasts.
- Ensure appropriate performance records are maintained. Report all KPIs in a timely manner to the relevant departments. Assist the UK Senior Farms Manager in writing the annual budget. React promptly and effectively to adverse performance.
- Challenge the traditional methods of operation to develop the team. Research production methods to increase efficiencies year on year whilst showing continuous improvement to sustainability.
- Work closely with the Agronomist to develop improved production methods aimed at enhancing yield and quality whilst driving down unit cost of production.
- Assist the UK Senior Farms Manager to develop the growing strategy.
- Ensure farm staff are fully briefed as to business developments.
- To ensure that all staff receive adequate and appropriate training to enable them to fulfil their duties effectively.
- Implement and maintain Personal Development Plans for all key members of staff.
- Ensure staff and operations at the site have a positive impact upon the local environment and maintain and develop positive relationships within the local community.
- Utilising equipment during the non-growing season.
- Ensure that the operation works equally and as efficiently in your absence.
- The team should be flexible enough to react to any conditions that might arise.
- Maintain and develop the relationship with Landlords and associated contract farmers.
- Growing experience is essential.
- Practical farming experience.
- Fresh produce experience working with salad would be highly advantageous.
- Management experience.
- FACTS and BASIS.
- Excellent agronomic knowledge and experience.
- Salary c£40K dependent upon experience.
- House included within the package.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.