Sprayer Operator - Fresh Produce Farm - Warwickshire – Salary c£25K – 12919 EA
Fantastic fresh produce farming business growing over 600 ha's of salad crops in Warwickshire.
Principal Sprayer Operator responsible for operating a Househam AR 3000 20 meter sprayer & John Deere 5720 with Berthoud 10 meter sprayer. Working as part of a small team & working closely with their in-house agronomist.
Role Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely applications of pesticides to crops.
- Liaising with other members of the team to aid in the above.
- Managing the spray store in a safe and tidy manner including stock control.
- Accurate record keeping using an on-line farm management system.
- Maintenance of the sprayers and recording of monthly checks.
- Other tractor driving duties – fertiliser spreading, hoeing, cultivations.
- General farm work.
Hours of Work:
- Main season is between March and November.
- Work patterns in busy periods are 6 days per week and 1 day off or 12 days working with 2 days off.
- Up to a maximum of 78hrs per week in busy periods.
- Usual hours out of season is 40-50hrs per week.
- Weekend work as required in summer, few weekends worked in winter.
- PA1, PA2, PA4G required.
- Telescopic handler license.
- Organised, self-starter.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Flexible on hours worked; weather conditions may require spraying early morning and/or late evenings with time away from work in middle of day.
- Starting Salary of £25K with opportunity to increase after probationary period passed.
- Probationary period of 3 months.
- Annual holiday entitlement of 20 days plus bank holidays.
- BASIS and FACTS training for the right candidate.
- No accommodation provided.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.