Distag QCS are a rapidly expanding business, distributing and manufacturing engineering components to Manufacturers and Distributors throughout the UK and Ireland. The company is structured in four closely related divisions:
1. Open Drives – mechanical power transmission components
2. Hydraulic Components – hose, fittings, assemblies, steel tubing
3. Agricultural Trailer Parts and Accessories – axles, suspensions, braking systems, drawbar components
4. Bespoke Products – offering design and production service from drawings or samples, complete outsourcing solutions
The company’s major areas of focus, currently, are the Agricultural Machinery and Trailer Manufacturers, and manufacturers of Crushing, Screening and Recycling machinery.
We are looking for an Internal Sales Executive to join our fast growing UK Aftermarket Sales Team. The ideal person will have proven experience building on existing relationships, ensuring customer satisfaction and increasing sales. We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and proactive individual, capable of identifying growth opportunities whether that be for new business or increasing sales with our current customer base.
Daily & Monthly Responsibilities:
• Dealing with the daily phone, fax, email & web enquiries and orders submitted by our customers.
• Attend to the accounts that you are allocated as an Account Manager and ensure that their requirements are fully adhered to.
• Ensure all deliveries are despatched and processed, in the most prompt and efficient manner. Liaise with the Warehouse Manager, to ensure all resources are utilised to their maximum potential.
• Attend to the end of day procedure (checking of picking lists, carriage surcharge and invoicing of the despatched orders).
• Provide office-based support for the Business Development Managers. Submit quotations and proposals on their behalf and formulate actions plans to progress leads and opportunities to successful completion.
• Manage scheduled order requirements, and consignment stocks. Liaise with the purchasing department to ensure adequate supplies are ordered to suit lead times.
• Research within your area for new business, make initial contact, send literature and arrange appointments for the Business Development Managers to visit, where possible.
• Follow up social media leads within your area.
• Attend to general stationary requirements and any marketing & literature requirements for field sales staff.
• Assisting the Directors, or other members of the management team, with any other tasks that may arise, from time to time.
Skills & Experience:
• A strong desire to acquire new business and nurture/develop existing customer accounts.
• Confident and professional approach when communicating at all levels, in writing and verbally.
• Excellent customer services skills with the ability to develop close relationships with customers.
• Candidates will need to have good IT skills and a good working knowledge of using Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
Hours of Work:
8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, with a one hour lunch break.
The sales office is open on Saturday mornings, 9:00am - 1:00pm, the Internal Sales Team cover this shift on a rotation, so you would have to work one Saturday morning every four weeks, overtime is paid.
• Competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• 20 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
• Corporate gym & health club membership rate available for Riverhills (Ipswich)
• Free on-site parking