Distag QCS are a rapidly expanding business, distributing and manufacturing engineering components to Manufacturers and Distributors throughout the UK and Ireland.
The company is structured in four closely related divisions:
1. Open Drives – mechanical power transmission components
2. Hydraulic Components – hose, fittings, assemblies, steel tubing
3. Agricultural Trailer Parts and Accessories – axles, suspensions, braking systems, drawbar components
4. Bespoke Products – offering design and production service from drawings or samples, complete outsourcing solutions
The company’s major areas of focus, currently, are the Agricultural Machinery and Trailer Manufacturers, and manufacturers of Crushing, Screening and Recycling machinery.
Technical Sales Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Engineer, to join the fast growing team at our Ipswich Head Office.
This position would ideally suit a recent engineering graduate, engineering combined with business would also be a great benefit to this role.
The successful applicant will be willing to work in a customer facing environment, and have the necessary acumen and personality to build strong relationships with our customer base, both from the office and in the field. The ability to grow into a selling role, and the desire to grow in a dynamic sales environment, are also prerequisites. They will also need to have sound IT skills with the capability to use our CRM system effectively, be an excellent communicator, a strong team player, and able to use initiative working in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
The candidate’s engineering skills will be utilised in providing technical advice to our customers, supporting our field sales team, and addressing application and quality control issues. They will also need to liaise with our factories and partners in Asia. It is envisaged that they will provide engineering support to the Customer Services team, and assist them with all aspects of the internal sales operation.
This is a genuine “ground floor” opportunity for the right candidate; and would suit an ambitious, enthusiastic individual, who is looking for an opening to build a career as a Sales Engineer, with the scope to progress to Management, in the future, for a strongly driven and motivated person.
Skills & Experience:
• Proficiency in Solidworks
• Good understanding of engineering & manufacturing principles & processes.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar/equivalent qualification.
• Hands-on approach
• Genuine interest in agricultural engineering would be advantageous to this role.
• Salary is competitive and will match the successful candidate’s skills and experience, and reflect the importance we place on this new role
• Contributory pension scheme
• Corporate gym & health club membership rate available for Riverhills (Ipswich)
• Free on-site parking