Technical Specialist - Brands Integrity – Red Meat Sector – Midlothian – Salary Between £36K - £47K – 12963 EA
Reporting To: Director of Brands Integrity.
Job Purpose: To develop and deliver Brands Integrity projects, ensure high levels of customer service for Quality Assurance (QA) scheme members, provide an advisory and liaison service which facilitates enquiry resolution and develop strong relationships within the red meat supply chain and with key stakeholders.
Location: The post is Midlothian based and will require occasional travel throughout Scotland.
Hours: 35hrs Monday to Friday however, given the nature of the role, the hours of work are not of a fixed nature.
Body of the Scottish Government promoting sustainability and prosperity within the red meat sector.
- Strategic development of QA schemes - including delivery and implementation of Standards review projects, consultations and benchmarking/GAP analysis against relevant QA schemes.
- Work closely with external contractor, to deliver operational outputs and high levels of customer service to members of the whole chain QA programme (6 assurance schemes).
- Monitor contractual KPI reports and agreed actions.
- Efficient enquiry handling and provision of expert advice and assistance to key stakeholders.
- Deliver added value membership services e.g. assurance workshops, drop-in advisory clinics, development of Member Portal.
- Prepare news articles and newsletters.
- Promote the whole chain assurance programme, including attendance at relevant events.
- Provide user advice and training on various traceability checkers.
- Manage industry data sharing requests and implement data sharing agreements.
- Assist with development of the Brands Licensing Scheme.
- Ensure website content is accurate and up to date.
- Conduct research and proof read technical documents, as and when required.
- Assist with brand engagement projects.
- Liaise with administration teams, leadership team and Board members as required.
- Any other duties required in the effective and efficient running of the organisation.
- Practical experience of livestock production, particularly cattle and sheep.
- An interest in the red meat and food and drink industry.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with empathy.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in agriculture, animal science or a related discipline.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage a diverse work load to meet the needs of different stakeholders.
Salary on offer will be between £36K - £47K.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.