Herdsperson – Cheshire – Competitive Salary + Accommodation – 12975 EA
My client are seeking an enthusiastic person to manage our herd of 80 pedigree Holstein cows plus followers, based in Cheshire. They currently run two Lely robots so require someone with a good knowledge of milking machinery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Routine feeding, scraping out, bedding.
- Monitoring yield – 10,000 l/cow.
- Animal husbandry.
- Monitoring livestock.
- Fertility control, including AI and implementing fertility programme.
- Tractor work.
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations.
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm.
- Tesco correspondence (QVIS / Milkminder).
- Document results for analysis.
- Provide monthly information for management reporting.
- Plan finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters.
- Plan around external factors, e.g. weather.
- Plan activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
- Planning work schedules.
- Meeting with professional advisors.
- Planning vet visits.
- School visits.
- Artificial insemination experience.
- Foot trimming experience.
- Tractor driving.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- IT skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Accommodation available.
- Further training will be provided, my client are committed to offer you the opportunity to progress further with your knowledge.
- A highly rewarding position, giving you the opportunity to work within a committed team.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.