Farm Manager – Fresh Produce (Salad / Herbs / Market Garden Veg) – Hertfordshire - Salary Between £25K - £36K – 13023
Growing, ambitious and forward-thinking fresh produce company with exciting future prospects are now seeking a Senior Supervisor for their brand-new fresh produce farm consisting of salad, herbs and market vegetables located in Hertfordshire.
This is an exciting and varied role which will be hands-on and managerial. You will be reporting to senior management and will be working alongside a team of agronomists, horticulturalists and growers. The successful candidate will be required to manage up to 8 members of staff and be responsible for related farm assurance and food safety compliance.
The Candidate Requirements:
- Experienced Farm Manager with a horticultural or arable background and experience in fresh produce (market gardening experience a plus).
- Proactivity and initiative essential.
- Experience in supervising farm workers / people management essential.
- Ability to manage time working across more than one site over time.
- Comfortable with the business side of the operations - good communication and computer skills.
- Someone able to interact with HO management, agronomists, horticultural advisers, suppliers & customers.
- Fieldwalking experience.
- Ability to work with HO team in planning and implementing staged planting according to a detailed schedule agreed with the business’s clients.
- Monitoring and reporting on produce growth, yields, wastage, and identifying and remedying inefficiencies.
- Accurate record keeping in respect of planting, irrigation, spraying and harvesting.
- Supervising and managing ongoing harvesting and packing.
- Pest control implementation in accordance with agronomist’s advice and agreed protocols.
- Ability to supervise and implement quality control and industry farm assurance standards - ensuring all technical requirements, audits and certifications are in place to meet customers’ and legislative requirements protecting customers, colleagues, property and the integrity of the business.
- Supervising relevant health and safety compliance.
- Scheduling and planning maintenance of fencing, drainage, glasshouses and machinery in conjunction with management team.
- Staff training.
- PA1, PA2 & PA6 preferred but not essential.
- Good attention to detail and crop hygiene.
The Package on offer:
Salary dependent upon experience – between £25K - £36K.
Other benefits to be discussed.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.