Workshop Manager – Herefordshire and surrounding areas – c£33 - £35K basic + Overtime and fully expensed vehicle – 13033 JP
A well-established, successful and respected family ran farming business based in South East Herefordshire, servicing customers throughout the surrounding areas, who run a large fleet of vehicles and machinery.
Due to the success of the company, my client is now recruiting for an experienced Farm Mechanic/ Fitter based out of their depot in South East Herefordshire. They are looking for experienced Technicians to work on site and also to attend breakdowns and to work at customer sites. Experience in Agricultural Engineering is preferred but will be happy to speak with people who possess experience of Heavy Plant Machinery and someone who has an understanding of the modern diagnostics and technologies that are required to service and repair these machines. This will be a varied role which will require a multi skilled and practically minded Engineer.
- Repairing & servicing used machinery and equipment.
- Carrying out service and repair work within the workshop and off-site.
- The Diagnosis & rectification of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic & functional problems with the machinery.
- Liaise with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of a large range of farm vehicles and machinery is essential
- To maintain the farm vehicles and machinery fleet.
- Fabricate parts or components (as necessary)
- Ensuring that all work/maintenance is recorded and carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Road testing vehicles and carrying out necessary inspections (MOT preparation)
- Schedule maintenance periods for all vehicle & mechanical equipment and maintain appropriate records
- Assist with necessary audits
- Comply with HSE requirements/Understand HSE legislation
- Have the ability to diagnose and repair modern Plant Machinery or Agricultural Machinery – Plant/Construction/Agricultural Engineering background/knowledge is essential.
- Land Based Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally.
- Basic Electrics qualification.
- Essential - Must have proven experience in maintaining and servicing agricultural equipment.
- Good knowledge of diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems and electrics.
- Excellent customer skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work additional hours during busy periods and as the business requires.
- Education level: GCSE or equivalent/Engineering qualifications.
- Paying up to c£32,000 per year depending on experience (based on a 40 hour week). This is all negotiable dependant on experience.
- Overtime paid at time and a half Monday-Saturday and double-time on a Sunday with regular overtime available.
- Company Van.
- Extensive and continuous training.
Please let me know if you are happy to be put forward and please send me an updated copy of your CV and call me on 07521 089 223.